A really great way to build your prospect list is to find similar companies in your niche or industry that target the same customers and partner up with them also referred to as joint venture. If the company sells related products, you can both get together and form a joint venture. By forming this joint venture, you can offer a special promotion involving products from you and your joint partner which can bring great benefits to your customer as well as their customers. You will promote the new product along with your product to your customers which adds that extra value to your site. And of course, your joint venture partner returns the favor! It’s a great way to generate traffic and definitely a win-win situation for both partners.
Google Alerts is a free service offered by Google which notifies you by email, or as a feed, about the latest web and news pages of your choice. It allows you to register words or phrases that you want to track. So your probably wondering what does Google Alert have to do with Internet Marketing and my business? Lots buddy…
Here’s how you can use Google Alerts as a powerful Internet Marketing tool. You can use it as follows:
- To keep an eye on your competition by tracking their press releases, blog posts and product posts
- To stay current in your particular business industry news
- To know what your consumers are saying about your products or service (really important for tracking your online reputation)
- To track if your marketing efforts like your articles and blog posts show up in the Google top page results
- To participate in topic discussions by leaving comments which is good for backlinking to your site
Few people are using Google Alerts and it has proven to be an invaluable internet marketing tool for my virtual assistant business. This free tool is a great way to stay connected to what is going on across your specific industry and to read about what leaders in your market are saying. It’s important to stay ahead of the competition as much as you can to be a thriving business.
Set up your free Google Alerts account here now: www.google.com/alerts