Social marketing, involves both interacting and engaging with your target audience, as well as setting up individual webpages on communities like Squidoo and HubPages.com.
Squidoo is an exceptionally popular service that allows users to create one-page websites referred to as ‘lenses’.
With Squidoo being an authority website with search engines like Google, each time you build a lens, you are able to rank for specific keywords used within your page’s title and content itself. It’s a very effective strategy for generating back links and generating traffic to your website.
Squidoo also offers additional modules that you can integrate into your lens pages, including the option to incorporate an opt-in form into your page, so that you can begin to develop an email list of prospects.
You can also earn money from within the Squidoo community based on affiliate commissions generated from the different modules and add-ons that you inject into your lense pages, including Amazon modules, and Adsense.
Another similar service that allows you to develop one-page websites that rank heavily within the search engines is available at www.Hubpages.com
With Hub Pages, you can also earn revenue from different add ons that you decide to implement, but are also able to add tags to your hub pages for better ranking within the search engine.
With Hub Pages, there are a few restrictions in place that you need to pay attention to, including:
- You are only permitted to feature two external (outgoing) links on each hub that you create.
- Your content must be unique, (no PLR is permitted).
- You are not permitted to use excessive tags.
As long as you focus on developing high quality hub pages, you can benefit from the popularity of the Hub community, as well as the back links from each hub page that you create.
Make sure when you create external pages on websites like Hub Pages or Squidoo that you interlink your pages to your main website’s URL.
By cross linking from feeder sites to your main landing page, you will be able to develop a solid back link campaign, quickly and at absolutely no cost. This is also a very effective method of ensuring your website is indexed by the major search engines, VERY quickly!
There are other free methods of building back links and maximizing your exposure online, including by developing a quick blog on http://www.Wordpress.org and http://www.Blogger.com
Both of these services also carry weight within the search engines, which means that you will be able to increase your outreach just by spending a few minutes developing a single page website that showcases your main website, or your products and services.
Blogger is a great place to make feeder sites. It’s a free blogging platform run by Google, and pages there can often rank very well in many search engines.
Pages on Blogger aren’t given special ranking privileges by Google simply because they run the site.
But like Squidoo, HubPages, and other similar sites, they have enough pages with backlinks and authority that the overall site seems to get a nice boost.
If you’re going to make a blog to promote your membership site, there are two ways to go about it.
You could either set up a little throwaway blog that you only post a few articles on, linking to your site in each article, or you could try to create an authority blog.
An authority blog is one that you post to fairly regularly, work towards getting a lot of regular viewers, and try to get “authority” status in the search engines.
If you want to create an authority blog, it will be a lot more effective. Your readers will come to respect you as a real expert in your field, so they will be more inclined to join your membership site.
It’s a great way to get members, just keep in mind that running an authority blog requires a substantial commitment. You have to post regularly, or it won’t be very effective.
As with other feeder sites, you’ll want to use your keyword you can. If you can get your keyword in the URL, it’s a very good idea to do so.
If you just want to create quick throwaway blogs for fast search engine traffic, you don’t necessarily have to use unique content.
To the best of my knowledge, Blogger doesn’t have any requirements that say you can’t use PLR, so this is a good way to build feeder sites quickly.
If you want to become an authority blog, I wouldn’t use PLR. Unique content is a much better idea, even though it takes more time.
By cross linking from remotely hosted pages to your own main site, you will be able to develop a solid back link campaign, quickly and at absolutely no cost. This is also a very effective method of ensuring your website is indexed.
Article marketing is one of the most popular methods of generating relevant back links from authority websites, and in maximizing your outreach with well-crafted, high quality content directed at your target audience.
Each article should be between 300 and 600 words in length and provide useful information that your target audience would find appealing.
The greater the number of articles in circulation, the more exposure you will receive, however you always want to focus on producing high quality content, rather than just on the quantity that is being distributed between these networks.
Apart from directly benefiting from the exposure received by having your articles showcased within popular article directories such as www.EzineArticles.com, you will also benefit from the frequency in which search engines crawl article directories due to new content being posted each day.
Here are the top article directories that you should focus on submitting content to:
Search engine optimization consists mainly of on page activity and off page optimization. Building backlinks is a part of off page optimization strategy. High quality backlinks have the potential to improve a website’s ranking in the SERPs.
Backlinks Are Considered Valuable When They:
a. are do follow
b. contain the appropriate anchor text,
c. are deep linked to the relevant inner pages,
d. are linked from high PR niche websites
5 Tips for Building Valuable Backlinks:
1. Perform A Competitive Intelligence Analysis.
Competitive intelligence analysis allows you to scrutinize the competitor’s backlinks and their link profiles. Run a Google search for your target keyword and list the top 20 competitors. Capitalize on the Yahoo! Search Explorer tool to determine the backlinks for each of the top competing websites. Use an Excel spreadsheet to make a list of all the backlink providing websites. The next step is to shortlist the do follow websites from the list. Arrange them in the descending order of their PR. At the end of this procedure, you will have a list of highly valuable do follow websites to link from.
2. Submit URLs to Search Directories. Search directories are of two types: general and niche directories. Backlinks from niche directories are normally considered more valuable than the backlinks from general directories. Most of the search directories take months to process your linking request. There are some directories which link back within a few days. Websites which build a high number of backlinks in a few days are looked upon suspiciously by Google. The best way to build backlinks is over a period of time to avoid getting tagged as a link spammer. Submitting a website’s URL to directories is a time consuming task but provides great results at the end.
3. Submit Articles to Article Directories. Submitting Articles to article directories is a very popular approach to link building. Most of the article directories allow you to include a link in the article. You can also add a link to the author description of the article with appropriate anchor text. Article directories are known to rank well in the search engine ranking pages. An added benefit of submitting to article directories is the traffic it drives to your website. There are a large number of high quality article directories which accept free article submission. Simply sign up, verify your account and start submitting articles.
4. Post in Forums. Forums initially served as a means of conversing and solving queries. Today forums are also used to obtain valuable backlinks to your website. A majority of forums allow a signature link at the bottom of every post. This signature link is a do-follow link. You can select the desired anchor text and link to any important inner page of your website. There are a few forums which allow you to enter more than one signature link. Just remember to participate in the conversation, ask questions and answer those of others.
5. Create Link Bait. Link bait involves creating compelling content on the website which makes others link to it. You should write frequently and consistently to develop a following. Keep tab on the latest happenings and news in your niche; be among the first few to break the news online. To create that perfect link bait, your articles should contain news, updates, a controversial topic or even some great resources. Keep the information quotient of your articles high and watch the link baits pour in.
If you want other websites and blogs to link to you, double check who you are linking to. Don’t be in a rush to get backlinks. A handful of good quality and authoritative backlinks are worth more than a hundred low quality, low PR backlinks.
About The Author
Debbie A. Everson is the CEO of SearchMar.com, experienced SEO Consultants and Search Engine Optimization Agency to over 2,000 small businesses. Read my SEO Blog for hints and tips. Follow me on Twitter@searchmar. Call 1.866.885.6263 to speak to one of our SEO Consultants and receive your free consultatíon.
Yahoo Answers is an online community where people ask all sorts of questions on different topics looking for answers to them. You as a community member can gain points for having the best answer to the question. You’ll be surprised at the many questions left unanswered in many categories. You can become an “expert” within many fields by answering questions, and having relevant links point back to your site. It’s a quick way to build back links and have targeted users viewing your profile which will have your contact information and website link.
Be sure to never spam. It’s important to be friendly with your answers, and provide good relevant information. The goal here is to have the user trust you enough to learn more about you.
To get started simply browse the categories or you can search for questions by keywords. For example you can do a search for “making money” and it will list questions people have asked about “making money”.