If you aren’t aware by now, Facebook dominates over all other social networks online. More and more businesses are realizing the potential of Facebook and creating a Facebook page (formerly called ‘Fan Pages’) for their business.
Small businesses with little to no marketing budget should consider Facebook pages as one of their marketing strategies as it is a free way to generate buzz around its products or services. If you still don’t have a Facebook Page for your business, or are not sure how to approach yours, here are the top ten reasons to create a Facebook Page:
1. More visibility. Your business will get so much exposure being on Facebook as millions of people log onto to the network everyday. This means that you can share information about your company’s products and services and reach more people.
2. Subscription to Your Page is Automatic. As soon as someone comes to your page and clicks on the ‘Like’ button they are automatically subscribed to your page. No confirmation email or extra steps to join your page.
3. Build a List. Once someone joins your page, you can lead them to an optin-form by providing a special offer or bonus on your page. Facebook has several plugins that allow you to place HTML code to your page making it a breeze to add a an optin-form and therefore building your list.
4. More Traffic to Your Site or Blog. You can run your blog feed through your Facebook page driving more traffic to your site or blog.
5. Easily Connect with Your Target Market. People that join your page are most likely interested in your product or service making your list more targeted. Plus, unlike a personal profile you can have unlimited people joining your page.
6. Create Administrators to Your Page. You can add administrators to your page to help assist in maintaining it with content and replying to comments.
7. Check Statistics. You can track the activity on your page like number of people who joined, which countries are they from, how many views, how many post feedbacks, etc. This is great information to have on hand so you can always tweak your marketing messages if necessary based on the information you see.
8. It can be Viral. If your page is set up effectively, people that like your page very much can suggest it to friends causing a viral effect as other friends will see your page and most likely join and suggest it, too.
9. It’s user friendly to maintain a Facebook page. You can add photos, videos and links as you would on a personal account.
10. Again, it’s FREE...why not take advantage of adding your company to a site that gets millions upon millions of visits per day without money out of your pocket. It’s a no brainer.
To create a page for your business, visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
Contests on FaceBook are a fantastic way to get a lot of people to join your fan page! People really enjoy entering contests, especially if they are easy to enter and have great prizes. You can even specifically state that the prize will be awarded when you hit a certain number of followers. This way you can get people to post the contest to their wall in order to get more entries, which will help the contest go viral.
That way you don’t have to award the prize unless you reach your target number of followers. Just be sure to keep the target number realistic, otherwise people won’t enter because they will feel the contest is a scam.
Another great way to use contests for marketing is to actually give away one of the products that you are selling. If you have your own product, this is even more effective. Your entire contest can revolve around giving away a copy of your product, which will bring a lot of publicity and recognition to your product.
Marketing on Twitter is very easy, but you must be aware that it doesn’t always yield the desired result unless it is done properly.
Twitter marketing has to be approached in a completely different way than other forms of advertising because Twitter limits the size of posts to just 140 characters.
This means you must keep your posts very short, you can’t ramble on endlessly. You have to get to the point and do it in a way that gains your follower’s interest and gets them to click!
It’s a very good idea to read your Twitter page daily and respond to messages that your followers post. By interacting with them directly, you can establish friendships. This is very important, because your followers can “re-tweet” (RT) your messages to their own followers, potentially allowing you to reach a wider audience.
Sign Up For Blog Updates
Subscribe Below and Receive Our Free Report and 10 Day Email Series on "Local Business Domination: 10 Easy Ways to Attract Local Customers"
We respect your privacy. Your information is safe with us.
Find Us On Facebook
- Advertising (1)
- Affiliate Marketing (1)
- Article Marketing (2)
- Backlinks (5)
- Best Wordpress Plugins (1)
- Blogging (1)
- Email Marketing (2)
- Facebook (25)
- Facebook Business Basics Lessons (3)
- Facebook Fan Pages (10)
- Facebook Marketing (21)
- Facebook Timeline (4)
- FAQs on Working with Virtual Assistant (3)
- featured (9)
- Free Tools (1)
- Internet Marketing (2)
- Internet Marketing Tips (30)
- Internet Marketing Virtual Assistant (13)
- Lead Generation (8)
- Linkedin (1)
- Local Business (7)
- Mobile Marketing (8)
- Online Reputation Management (6)
- Online Review Sites (3)
- Pinterest (1)
- Press Releases (1)
- Recommended Products (1)
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) (8)
- SMS Marketing (1)
- Social Marketing Quick Tips (8)
- social media (13)
- social media marketing (19)
- Social Media Tips (10)
- software (1)
- Twitter (4)
- Uncategorized (3)
- Video Marketing (8)
- Virtual Assistant (24)
- virtual assistant services (4)
- Web Traffic Tip (14)
- Website Design (1)
- Wordpress (1)
- Wordpress Tips (1)
- Working with a Virtual Assistant (20)
Tagsadvertising article marketing articles article writing backlinks blog blogging business communication email marketing facebook facebook ads facebook fan page facebook fan pages facebook marketing facebook timeline fan pages google places internet marketing internet marketing tip Internet Marketing Virtual Assistant list building Local Business mobile marketing mobile websites online reputation management seo SEO (Search Engine Optimization) small business social marketing social marketing quick tip social media social media marketing social networking text messaging tips Twitter video marketing video marketing for your small business viral marketing Virtual Assistant virtual assistant services wordpress Working with a Virtual Assistant yelp