Are you still struggling with your business Facebook page? You know it needs some serious improvements, but yet you are a bit unsure of what you need to do? There is no doubt that Facebook is one of the most powerful forms of advertising out there today, but in order to reap the real benefits, there are some extremely important factors that every business should consider…
If you are ready to finally get some results from your Facebook page, simply follow these 10 tips:
1. Spread the Word about Your Page – Simply put, the best way to gain more local followers is to let everyone know that your business is on Facebook. You can do this in a variety of ways, such as including a link to your Facebook page in your email signatures, sharing the link on your printed marketing materials, and if you have a storefront, using in-store signs to let your customers know that you are on Facebook.
Always encourage people to “Like” your page when promoting it.
2. Share More than Information about Your Business - Remember that Facebook is a social media site where people go to be social and entertained. This means that not every post on your page should be sales pitch or even about your business itself at all. Consider sharing a great tutorial video you may have found or a news article about a topic you care about. Show them that you are a real person and not just a robot posting in hope of gaining sales. Simply put be yourself.
3. Make Sure You Have a Custom URL- Facebook allows you to have a custom URL for your business page. You can set this to whatever you want but make sure that you do so because it will be a lot easier for people to find you instead of using the default URL. Generally speaking, the default URL contains a long string of numbers and is not very easy to remember at all.
4. Take the Time to Respond to Everyone - Social media is much like building a relationship; it takes time, and more importantly, it takes interacting with each and every person who responds to any posts that you make. This is where local businesses can really make a difference on social media platforms. By answering individual questions from your followers, you create an opportunity to bond with them. This, in turn, makes them feel appreciated will go a long way into creating long-lasting, loyal customers.
5. Be Consistent with Your Postings - No one wants to visit a blank Facebook page or a page that only posts once in a blue moon. Come up with a marketing strategy that will focus around you providing fresh content on a consistent basis. There are no set times or rules to follow for posting because every business is a little different. Just be sure that you create a regular schedule and stick with it. This will help to keep your followers updated and entertained, which will ultimately lead to more sales.
6. Keep Your Page Fun and Informative – Social media is a whole different ballgame than other forms of marketing. So when it comes to posting, think about what your target audience would enjoy reading about and use that as your posts. Keep in mind that not every post should be a sales pitch as your followers could become annoyed and stop following you. Create posts that spark conversations and encourage them to jump in. Consider using polls or surveys or simply asking questions as means to get your audience involved.
7. Use Facebook as a Way to Show Customer Appreciation – Facebook is a wonderful outlet to let your customers know just how much you appreciate them. After all, you would not be in business without your customers, so why not show them some love. There are many ways to do this on Facebook including simply thanking them, running specials for Facebook fans only, or invite them to tell you their ideas about how to make your products or services better. Listen to them and let them know that you really do appreciate them.
8. Use Facebook Apps – Facebook has many different built-in applications that can help to increase your online presence and help you generate new fans on Facebook. You can promote events, run contests, conduct polls, upload and record videos and much more. Take the time to learn a little bit about these apps, experiment with them, and see which ones are right for your business. The more creative your page is, the more you will stand out from the crowd. Use these applications to your advantage.
9. Offer Special Content – Give your Facebook fans something unique and different from what they can already find on your website. This can be special discounts, news articles about your business, employee recognition or anything that you feel is relevant to your business. These measures will give them a personal “connection” to your business and keep them coming back for more. If you post the same information they can find on your website along with the rest of the world, they may not keep checking back as often.
10. Link Your Facebook to Your Website – Always have a Facebook link on your business web page. Make sure all of the social media plug-ins are installed and are highly visible on your website. This lets your website visitors know that you are in fact active on Facebook and gives them an easy way to access your page. It’s also a good idea to offer your website visitors an incentive to go “Like” your Facebook page.
More than 80 percent of businesses across the globe are now using Facebook as a way to promote their business. Times have changed and social media is here to stay. Due to the number of people currently using Facebook, it only makes sense to put your business right in front of your target audience by establishing a presence there. Utilize these above tips to help make your Facebook page a huge success.
Facebook Timeline may have thrown some people off . . . but people always seem to be slow to accept things that are new and unfamiliar. The truth is that Facebook’s new Timeline format has some awesome features that can really broaden our horizons when it comes to how we communicate with others in our social media network. One great Timeline feature that is a clear improvement over the previous Facebook format is the cover photo. The cover is a huge, banner-style space over the top of your Facebook Timeline where you can put any art, photo, or other image you want. This can have especially exciting implications when it comes to business marketing. Your Timeline cover is the first thing people will notice when they visit your page, and you are only limited in what you do with it by your imagination. Need some ideas? Here are easy ways to create a Facebook Timeline image:
Photos. Perhaps the easiest way to create your Timeline cover image is to choose a favorite photo. Panoramic photos work the best, but you can crop any photo to make it the right shape and size. Just make sure the end product is 851 X 315 pixels and the highest quality possible. You may even opt to create a photo collage using photo editing software, which you can then easily upload to your cover using Facebook’s easy to use platform. Remember that you also have a smaller inset where you can insert a photo, so you can get really creative here and choose two complimentary images, or even two photos that seem to interact with each other.
Premade designs. There are numerous resources where you can find a multitude of creative, eye catching cover art designs. Try www.myprofilecover.com and www.coverphotofinder.com, for starters. Or, handy apps like thesitecanvas.com allow you to choose from a variety of pre-made templates, plug your personal pictures in, and create a one-of-a kind cover.
Your logo. Use your Timeline cover like a billboard and keep it simple by using your logo and nothing else. Or, you may opt to adorn your logo with related photos, using your photo editing software. Get creative here, and put your logo and your Timeline to their best use.
As you can see, creating a dynamic Timeline image does not have to be a difficult task. Use these suggestions to create a Timeline cover that works best for you. If you need help getting the most out of your Timeline, contact us, LS Virtual Assistant Services. We can be reached by phone, at 757-204-5782, or via our contact form.
Many of those who are new to Timeline are quick to question the need for yet another new Facebook makeover. After all, didn’t we just recover from the last one? The thing is, Facebook’s Timeline is really cool, and it has some great new features that can really improve your business’s online credentials, as long as you know how to use it to its full potential. Need convincing? Here are five ways the new Facebook Timeline will help your business:
Your cover art. Perhaps the first thing people notice about Timeline is the huge, banner-style cover photo that frames the top of the page. This eye-catching space is a great way to really showcase your business’s logo, your team, and other business-related images in a creative way, and is a marked improvement over the previous Facebook format.
Staying current. In today’s techno-centric market, staying current is as important to your business’ reputation as is your knack for great customer service. As people are often slow to accept what they aren’t familiar with, and businesses are no different, you can really gain a competitive edge and prove that your business is current, by learning the ins and outs of Timeline right away and using that knowledge to your advantage.
Easy to Navigate format. Timeline really is easier to navigate than the old format, plain and simple. By putting things in chronological order and providing useful navigation tools for your page’s visitors, Facebook is enabling you to provide for your customers your complete company history, and in a visually pleasing format.
New Ads. Along with Facebook’s new Timeline format, the social networking giant has also revamped the look of their ads to fit into Timeline in a streamlined fashion. The new ads sit on the right side of the page and actually look like content. Therefore, these ads can be a great new tool for marketing your business.
The Highlight Option. Highlight important events, specials, and business announcements on your Timeline to give it a full-page horizontal spread. This is a great way to put a spotlight on things you really want your customers to know about your business.
Facebook Timeline is not exactly a complete overhaul of how you choose to market your business through social media; After all, the idea is still to attract people, engage them, and inspire them to send others your way. For help making the most out of your business’ new Facebook Timeline profile, contact us, LS Virtual Assistant Services. We can be reached by phone, at 757-204-5782 or on our contact form.