Are you still struggling with your business Facebook page? You know it needs some serious improvements, but yet you are a bit unsure of what you need to do? There is no doubt that Facebook is one of the most powerful forms of advertising out there today, but in order to reap the real benefits, there are some extremely important factors that every business should consider…
If you are ready to finally get some results from your Facebook page, simply follow these 10 tips:
1. Spread the Word about Your Page – Simply put, the best way to gain more local followers is to let everyone know that your business is on Facebook. You can do this in a variety of ways, such as including a link to your Facebook page in your email signatures, sharing the link on your printed marketing materials, and if you have a storefront, using in-store signs to let your customers know that you are on Facebook.
Always encourage people to “Like” your page when promoting it.
2. Share More than Information about Your Business - Remember that Facebook is a social media site where people go to be social and entertained. This means that not every post on your page should be sales pitch or even about your business itself at all. Consider sharing a great tutorial video you may have found or a news article about a topic you care about. Show them that you are a real person and not just a robot posting in hope of gaining sales. Simply put be yourself.
3. Make Sure You Have a Custom URL- Facebook allows you to have a custom URL for your business page. You can set this to whatever you want but make sure that you do so because it will be a lot easier for people to find you instead of using the default URL. Generally speaking, the default URL contains a long string of numbers and is not very easy to remember at all.
4. Take the Time to Respond to Everyone - Social media is much like building a relationship; it takes time, and more importantly, it takes interacting with each and every person who responds to any posts that you make. This is where local businesses can really make a difference on social media platforms. By answering individual questions from your followers, you create an opportunity to bond with them. This, in turn, makes them feel appreciated will go a long way into creating long-lasting, loyal customers.
5. Be Consistent with Your Postings - No one wants to visit a blank Facebook page or a page that only posts once in a blue moon. Come up with a marketing strategy that will focus around you providing fresh content on a consistent basis. There are no set times or rules to follow for posting because every business is a little different. Just be sure that you create a regular schedule and stick with it. This will help to keep your followers updated and entertained, which will ultimately lead to more sales.
6. Keep Your Page Fun and Informative – Social media is a whole different ballgame than other forms of marketing. So when it comes to posting, think about what your target audience would enjoy reading about and use that as your posts. Keep in mind that not every post should be a sales pitch as your followers could become annoyed and stop following you. Create posts that spark conversations and encourage them to jump in. Consider using polls or surveys or simply asking questions as means to get your audience involved.
7. Use Facebook as a Way to Show Customer Appreciation – Facebook is a wonderful outlet to let your customers know just how much you appreciate them. After all, you would not be in business without your customers, so why not show them some love. There are many ways to do this on Facebook including simply thanking them, running specials for Facebook fans only, or invite them to tell you their ideas about how to make your products or services better. Listen to them and let them know that you really do appreciate them.
8. Use Facebook Apps – Facebook has many different built-in applications that can help to increase your online presence and help you generate new fans on Facebook. You can promote events, run contests, conduct polls, upload and record videos and much more. Take the time to learn a little bit about these apps, experiment with them, and see which ones are right for your business. The more creative your page is, the more you will stand out from the crowd. Use these applications to your advantage.
9. Offer Special Content – Give your Facebook fans something unique and different from what they can already find on your website. This can be special discounts, news articles about your business, employee recognition or anything that you feel is relevant to your business. These measures will give them a personal “connection” to your business and keep them coming back for more. If you post the same information they can find on your website along with the rest of the world, they may not keep checking back as often.
10. Link Your Facebook to Your Website – Always have a Facebook link on your business web page. Make sure all of the social media plug-ins are installed and are highly visible on your website. This lets your website visitors know that you are in fact active on Facebook and gives them an easy way to access your page. It’s also a good idea to offer your website visitors an incentive to go “Like” your Facebook page.
More than 80 percent of businesses across the globe are now using Facebook as a way to promote their business. Times have changed and social media is here to stay. Due to the number of people currently using Facebook, it only makes sense to put your business right in front of your target audience by establishing a presence there. Utilize these above tips to help make your Facebook page a huge success.
You’ve probably read this a million times, but one of the best things you can do to boost your business’ online performance is to participate in the world of social media. And what HOT social media platform do you know that can help you with that? Facebook of course! =)
Facebook is your best avenue to start on this journey of advertising. It offers a lot of features that are especially helpful for local business owners like yourself. If you aren’t making use of Facebook advertising and timeline pages (aka fan pages), then you should be, no matter how small or localized your business is.
Here are five benefits for local business from Facebook advertising:
1) Highly targeted marketing – Facebook Advertising Local Business
One of the best things about Facebook ads is that you can specify exactly who you want to view your ads, based on things like age, interests, and geographic location. For example, if you run a mobile salon business, you may opt to target your ads to women in your area who have expressed an interest in beauty, hair care, fashion, and salons.
2) The Snowball Effect – Facebook Advertising Local Business
Basically, any time someone clicks on your ad and lands on your page, they have the option of “liking” your page if they are pleased with what they find. Any time someone likes your page, that activity shows up in that person’s newsfeed. This means that all of that person’s friends are exposed to your page and have the option of liking it themselves. Facebook ads are a great way to attract attention to your page and gain fans on an exponential level.
3) Broader Reach – Facebook Advertising Local Business
The numbers don’t lie: Facebook is the world’s highest ranking website, and is viewed on a global scale. You may have a small local business, but there is no question that if you sell a product, your business could benefit greatly from having a broader reach.
4) Smart Phone Users – Facebook Advertising Local Business
Most people these days access the web from their smart phones on a regular basis. By using Facebook advertising, you are making your presence known to local smart phone users who only search for businesses while on the go.
5) Customization – Facebook Advertising Local Business
In addition to the previously mentioned targeting, Facebook ads also allow for a lot of flexibility when it comes to customizing ads to your liking, especially when compared to Google ads (a very common advertising platform that you are likely already using). For example, the ability to have longer descriptive text and the ability to add images allows you create ads that best suit your needs and marketing goals.
To make the most of your social media marketing, contact the professionals. We at LS Virtual Assistant Services can help take your Internet presence to the next level. Contact us by phone, at 757-204-5782, or contact here.
Got a fan page for your business but it’s lifeless? Well, it’s time to shake things up on your fan page. With the popularity of social media sites like Facebook, there is a new way to market: it’s interactive. You no longer have to figure out creative ways to relay messages that will somehow get peoples’ attention, and then sit back and hope it’s working. By marketing through social media sites like Facebook, you get to hear your customers’ reactions first-hand, and can tweak your marketing efforts accordingly.
In my post today, I’m going to cover 5 ways you can wake up your fans and get them interacting on your fan page.
Here we go…
The first way is by interacting on other fan pages. Why is this important? Because you want to build credibility on Facebook and in order to do that you need to be an active participant on other fan pages related to your niche or business. Simply get involved in serious discussions, post useful bits of information, or even show your support for the page and people will reciprocate by participating more on your fan page.
The second way is through interactive type Apps. There are numerous apps on Facebook that are helpful in building up your fan page activitiy. An example of one is the “Fan of the Week” app which actually keeps track of your fans’ participation and acknowleges your top fan of each week. People love being recognized and this app will surely encourage your fans to keep hanging out on your fan page more often.
The third way is very simple. Be GENUINE! Make your communication human and not like a robot. Be yourself. Interact on a personal level with your fans and they will respond.
The fourth way is through Fan Page partnerships. Get with other fan page owners and promote each other’s fan pages. You can promote other fan pages by sharing their pictures and posts, and by linking to their pages from your own page.
And finally, another way, is by having a contest. Create a contest of some sort and provide your fans with a chance to win a prize, based on their participation. You can set it up any way you like. It can be anything like a photo contest or answering a silly question and then advertise the prize and the deadline date.
As you can see, there are some very simple ways you can take action on to increase your Facebook fan activity. If you want to get the most out of your social media marketing, contact the professionals. We at LS Virtual Assistant Services can be reached by phone, at (757)204-5782, or reach us on our contact form.
Facebook Timeline may have thrown some people off . . . but people always seem to be slow to accept things that are new and unfamiliar. The truth is that Facebook’s new Timeline format has some awesome features that can really broaden our horizons when it comes to how we communicate with others in our social media network. One great Timeline feature that is a clear improvement over the previous Facebook format is the cover photo. The cover is a huge, banner-style space over the top of your Facebook Timeline where you can put any art, photo, or other image you want. This can have especially exciting implications when it comes to business marketing. Your Timeline cover is the first thing people will notice when they visit your page, and you are only limited in what you do with it by your imagination. Need some ideas? Here are easy ways to create a Facebook Timeline image:
Photos. Perhaps the easiest way to create your Timeline cover image is to choose a favorite photo. Panoramic photos work the best, but you can crop any photo to make it the right shape and size. Just make sure the end product is 851 X 315 pixels and the highest quality possible. You may even opt to create a photo collage using photo editing software, which you can then easily upload to your cover using Facebook’s easy to use platform. Remember that you also have a smaller inset where you can insert a photo, so you can get really creative here and choose two complimentary images, or even two photos that seem to interact with each other.
Premade designs. There are numerous resources where you can find a multitude of creative, eye catching cover art designs. Try www.myprofilecover.com and www.coverphotofinder.com, for starters. Or, handy apps like thesitecanvas.com allow you to choose from a variety of pre-made templates, plug your personal pictures in, and create a one-of-a kind cover.
Your logo. Use your Timeline cover like a billboard and keep it simple by using your logo and nothing else. Or, you may opt to adorn your logo with related photos, using your photo editing software. Get creative here, and put your logo and your Timeline to their best use.
As you can see, creating a dynamic Timeline image does not have to be a difficult task. Use these suggestions to create a Timeline cover that works best for you. If you need help getting the most out of your Timeline, contact us, LS Virtual Assistant Services. We can be reached by phone, at 757-204-5782, or via our contact form.