5 Tips for Choosing an Online Marketing Specialist
Online Marketing is one of the most effective ways to generate new customers and profits for your local business. This is primarily due to the fact that most consumers go online to search for local products, services, and businesses that can provide what they’re looking for.
However, business owners are busy actually “running their businesses”… so they have very little time to implement online marketing strategies all on their own. First, they would have to spend a great deal of time learning the ins and outs of each method. Then, they would have to thoroughly implement, test, track, and refine those methods on an ongoing basis if they want to get the best results.
As you can imagine, this would be a huge, daunting task for any business owner to take on. However, it does not mean that internet marketing should be ignored or avoided – that would be a huge mistake.
Instead, business owners must find the appropriate resources and help to get the job done. But many of them prolong the process because they still haven’t found an Online Marketing Specialist that they know, like, and trust with their marketing efforts.
Here are 5 tips to help you choose an Online Marketing Specialist:
1. Set-up an appointment with them to get to know them. You probably receive tons of phone calls, emails, and direct mail pieces from online marketing specialists all over the world. If you’re struggling to move forward with your online marketing initiatives simply because you’re stuck on choosing a consultant, go ahead and break the ice.
Once you start a dialogue with someone, you can truly get a feel for whether or not that person is right for you. Have a list of questions that are important to you and pay close attention to their answers. Within just a few minutes of speaking with someone, you should be able to figure out whether or not they really have your business’s best interest at hand.
2. Make sure they understand “local” online marketing. There are some online marketing consultants who will try to sell you tools and systems that do not help at all when it comes to getting more “local” online exposure. So be sure to ask them if they specialize in “local” marketing.
3. Make sure they fully analyze your particular situation and can provide recommendations. Beware of marketing consultants who jump the gun and try to sell you something right off the bat. A professional consultant will ask you some detailed questions about your business so they can provide the most effective, targeted solutions that will help you get more local online visibility.
4. Make sure they can help you with various areas of online marketing – not just one. Some marketing consultants are focused on selling shiny objects; but in order to really make the internet work for you, there are several things you must do. For instance, a beautiful website is nothing if you’re not getting any traffic to that website. Likewise, a bunch of traffic is nothing if you don’t have effective conversion tools on your website that will turn visitors into customers.
5. Ask about pricing so you know what to expect. Just keep in mind that “cheaper price” could end up meaning “lack of service” – you get what you pay for most of the time. On the other hand, don’t assume that just because someone is charging premium prices that they will provide premium services.
As you can see, there are several factors to consider before choosing an Online Marketing specialist. But don’t let your own fears stop you from moving forward; instead, choose someone to help you so you can finally get in front of local consumers online.
Latest posts by Lisa Santos (see all)
- Is Your Business Still Living Under a Rock When It Comes to Social Media? - June 14, 2016
- Overcoming Online Marketing Distress: 3 Actionable Tips On Avoiding Online Marketing Overwhelm - November 17, 2014
- Still Wondering If YouTube is Right for Your Own Business? Consider These Top 5 Reasons - August 20, 2013